Sometimes I Feel SO Done

I do.  There are days, many days that I think, I can not possibly do this any longer.  If I don't leave this job my sanity is going to go.  I might have a heart attack or stroke, am I having one right now?  I sometimes have a doctor's appointment right after school and they always tell me my blood pressure is high- it's all I can do to not yell at them- OF COURSE IT IS!

I don't understand how it can be expected for us to do it all.  I hate feeling like I can't and I think a lot of teachers agree.  Doing that extra committee or activity or working longer hours and having less resources, you think - it sucks but I'm good at my job, I can make it work.

Do you want to know what really makes my blood pressure rise?  When people say something along the lines of "But aren't you in it for the kids and not JUST the money?"

DO NOT make me feel guilty for wanting a living wage, RESPECT and the proper resources in order to do my job.

DO NOT make me feel that I don't care about my students because I want more in return.

DO NOT make me feel less than what I am.

Do you do more and more work and get less and less and think it's ok because "You're not doing this for the money, but for the (insert whatever here).

How dare you use my own students to make me feel guilty! The love I have for my students, the ways in which I give, the tremendous amount of work and sacrificing so that my students learn and above all, know they are cared about, and cared for- you have no idea.

I have always felt that every person in this country should have to spend time working as a classroom teacher, with all the responsibilities, paperwork, new standards to learn, extra responsibilities, classroom management, parents, mental issues, lesson planning, grading, differentiation, administration, meetings, behavior problems, school safety and on and on and on and on and on.

How do we keep going?

Teachers, what keeps you going?  How do you get through the many moments of "I'm done!"


Image result for i'm done meme

Comments