Two Weeks In

It's hard to believe I am two weeks into this new school year.  9 days of school.  I feel like I know my students really well and they are already getting all the routines down.  Yet, when I stop and really think about just NINE days, that is really no time at all.

Many teachers discuss how September is a really hard month and you sometimes wish you could skip  right past it.  You want to have students know what to do, you want beginning of the year assessments over with, and you want to be into the routines of teaching.

While I am definitely in agreement of wishing I could sometimes jump ahead to October there really is something special about September.  This week I received my first picture.  Hand drawn on a scrap piece of paper it had little hearts and a message of "I love you.  You are the best teacher!"  (I know, right!?!)

Yes, elementary teachers will be gifted several of these types of notes and pictures throughout the year.  One of my many jobs in June is sorting through them all.  However, when the year has just begun, you already feel a bit wiped out and early assessments seem endless, seeing the excitement on your students face of "Look what I made, just for you."  is pretty special.

In my first post I mentioned (twice) how much I love my job.  A lot of my posts will seem like the exact opposite of that.  My goal here is to open the door of conversation to hopefully help improve the educational system in America because I DO love my job and care about my students.  I want them all to have the best learning environment and experience and for teachers to feel that they have the support, resources and respect that they need and deserve.

As the weeks and months continue on and the everyday stress of such an important job lingers in the air around me, I will look at my folder that is ever growing with words and pictures of encouragement because even though those little ones are unaware of the impact of their kindness, it often helps teachers remember why we are here and that we love what we do!


Image result for teacher loves their job meme

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes I Feel SO Done

Brand New Pencils

I've Got the Sunday Night Blues